Live and Local Radio
with Valley Talk Host Dave Adams
at the Albany Valley Talk Studio
Valley Talk now on Twitter! @KGALValleyTalk
Or, text the following message:
to the number: 40404
- 6/25 Valley Talk Triple A travel trends John Gibson owner of Bings Restaurant
- 6/24 Valley Talk Grizzle Garrett Lebanon Oregon fire season
- 6/19 Valley Talk
We talk with new city of Albany Economic Development Director Kate
Porsche and Starker Forester Gary Springer on their summer tours.
- 6/18 Valley Talk
- 6/11 Valley Talk
Guests for show include Hunter Chaney, Collings Foundation for the Wings
of Freedom tour visiting Corvallis Wednesday through Friday. Also, Rod
Sell of Build Lebanon Trails returns to talk once again about this
saturday’s hike in Lebanon.
- 6/10 Valley Talk
KGAL Valley Talk Collings Foundation and World War Two airplanes
in Corvallis. Also Rod Sell with Build Lebanon Trails’ Saturday event
- 6/6 Valley Talk
KGAL Valley Talk D-Day remembrance day, live broadcast from the American Legion post ten , Albany
- 6/5 Valley Talk
June 5, 2013 KGAL Valley talk. Albany Parks and Recreation Department summer offerings. Lebanon chamber Orchestra, and the LBCC Benton Center Pottery sale and show
- 6/3 Valley Talk June 3, 2013 KGAL Valley talk. Vanessa Timmons with the Oregon
Coalition against Domestic and Sexual Abuse talks about House bill 2205
to increase the list of mandatory reporters of elder abuse. We also
talk about Honor Flight DVDs for sale and Senior Dog Rescue with Jenny
- 5/29 Valley Talk May 29, 2013 Albany Schools superintendent Maria Delapoer talks about the aftermath of a 17-year old arrested for planning to kill fellow students. We also talk about the Lebanon Strawberry Festival Parade and tonight’s Strawberry Festival Court coronation
- 5/28 Valley Talk May 29, 2013, Oregon Triple A’s Marie Dodds talks about the slow decline in gas prices.
- 5/28 Valley Talk May 28, 2013 KGAL Valley Talk. We discuss very successful Honor Flight weekend fundraiser. Also KGAL average investment guy John Gibson, and Elsie Kuenzl and Juli Root of the Lebanon.
- 5/22 Valley Talk May 22, 2013 KGAL Valley Talk. We air the Linn Benton Community College
Veterans club first Memorial Day Vigil
- 5/21 Valley Talk May 21, 2013 KGAL Valley Talk Honor Flight movie to be shown in Lebanon,
Oregon. It’s a fundraiser to send Willamette Valley World War Two
veterans back to Washington D.C. We also talk about the Dog Gone News
and today’s announcement about a new large tenant at Heritage Mall in
- 5/20 Valley Talk KGAL Valley Talk Honor Flight Albany reaction New Zealand visitors.
- 5/15 Valley Talk Valley talk guest is Gluten Free RN, Nadine Grzeskowiak.
- 5/14 Valley Talk May 14, 2013 KGAL Valley Talk with Korean War and Atomic veteran John Gabrielsen
- 5/07 Valley Talk May 7, 2013 KGAL Valley talk. Average investment guy John Gibson. Julie
Stewart and Kyle Hatch on veterans at Oregon State University. Also
Jill Ingalls about the Live Well, Age Well Expo
- 5/01 Valley Talk KGAL Valley talk live broadcast from the Scroggins Mill talking about
efforts to renovate the mill. Also the Lebanon Strawberry court talks
- 4/29 Valley Talk April 29, 2013 KGAL Valley Talk Mike Pungercar with Honor Flight. Wyatt
King and Lebanon Superintendent Rob Hess of the No Limits Foundation.
Hail Thornburgh of Salem Pops on the May 4th performance
- 4/25 Valley Talk April 25, 2013 KGAL Valley Talk. American Forest Resource Council President Tom Partin. Gary Springer with Starker Forests
- 4/24 Valley Talk Health care is the topic. Guests
include Mike Huntington of Health Care for all Oregon and Dr. Tim
Hindmarsh on why people should eat better and get more exercise
- 4/23 Valley Talk Topics are Honor Flight the movie, One
last mission. Average investment guy John Gibson. Ryan McCambridge of
Linn Benton Food Share. Pat Cookson American Red Cross
- 4/22 Valley Talk Guests include Mike Pungercar of Honor
Flight, Jake Murphy, Karen McConnell, Steven Ellis of Mega Foods-
Albany, Bob Griffin, Tim Beach, Robin Nygren, Louie White of the Albany
American Legion. Former Oregon Climatologist George Taylor
- 4/16 Valley Talk KGAL Valley Talk live from the Lebanon Business Expo
- 4/15 Valley Talk We talk with four Russian students and two Russian teachers on a
visitation program through the Kiwanis club. Kris Latimer, Executive
Director of Boys and Girls Club of Greater Santiam on their latest
- 4/9 Valley Talk with H & R Block tax tips from enrolled tax agent
Robert White. Our average investment guy John Gibson in the studios as
- 4/8 Valley Talk Guests include Stan Sorenson of Celebrate Recovery
about Home run the movie. Betsy Miller-Jones, Executive Director Betsy
Miller-Jones about Senate Bill 347 to give local school boards the
authority to determine if guns will be allowed on school grounds.
Oregon Representative Jason Conger on the Republican position on PERS
reform. Rod Sell and Jan Dianontime from Build Lebanon Trails
- 4/4 Valley Talk ABC House Excecutive Director Jennifer
Gilmore-Robinson on the annual banquet and fundraiser. Albany Helping
Hands Development Director John Donovan and Scott McDonald of S & E Car
Care. Nurse Lisa Logsdon of Lebanon Community Hospital
- 4/2 Valley Talk KGAL Valley Talk. H and R Block Tax Tips with enrolled tax agent Robert White. We also talk with average investment guy John Gibson
- 4/1 Valley Talk Guests include Marie Dodds Oregon Triple A on the great Battery Roundup. Shawn White of Call Me A Cab Taxi Service, and Lance Dickson of Committed Fathers Alliance
- 3/28 Valley Talk Department of Justice on counterfeit cop scams, city of albany debt, and Linn Benton Community College Advanced Transportation Technology Center
- 3/27 Valley Talk
I visit with Jenny Gilmore-Robinson ABC
House Director, Lene Garrett, Director CASA of Linn County, Renee Smith,
Director of Family Tree Relief Nursery. I also visit with Will Summers,
Worksource Oregon analyst and Tracy Moreno, Manager of the Linn Benton
Employment Services for Worksource Oregon
- 3/26 Valley Talk
Guests include Linn County District Attorney Doug Marteeny, we talk about guns, concealed carry, mass shootings, sentencing guidelines, measure 11, budgets, jail space, proposed legislation average investment guy John Gibson talks about Cyprus banking.
- 3/25 Valley Talk Guests included Donovan Bresko of Petrocard and Vernon Tunnell, award
winning CASA volunteer (court appointed special advocate for kids)
- 3/22 Valley Talk Valley talk Live from the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo
- 3/19 Valley Talk
H & R Block enrolled tax agent Robert White is on our show to talk about tax tips for filing for the 2012 tax year.
- 3/18 Valley Talk
KGAL Valley talk Dave Adams talks with Tom Corider of Albany on his successful measures. He also talks with Lynn Powers about
the Water Color Society of Oregon Juried water color art show. Powers also discusses her objection to coal trains rolling through Albany. We
also visit with Anthony Baugher, Athletic Direcrtor and Development Director at Santiam Christian Schools.
- 3/12 Valley Talk
KGAL Valley Talk. Dave Adams and John Gibson talk with Bend state representative Jason Conger on Pers reform
- 3/11 Valley Talk
Guests are Rick Lamb of the Horse Show, who will be at the Horse Fair and Expo at the Linn County Fairgrounds March 22nd and 23rd. Also Jack Hinkle, Red Cross volunteer from Independence, Oregon who volunteered during the Hurricane Sandy call out
- 3/5 Valley Talk
Interview with H and R Block enrolled tax agent Robert White on tax tips.
- 3/4 Valley Talk
March 4, 2013 KGAL Valley Talk our guests include Shelly Garrett, executive Director of the Lebanon Chamber of Commerce who talks of the
upcoming chamber distinguished service awards banquet, Wyatt King, and Sandy Bell, area 32 governor for Toastmasters International
- 2/28 Valley Talk
February 28, 2013 KGAL Valley talk Albany Mayor Sharon Konopa opposing Tom Cordier measures which if passed would limit the city’s ability to incur additional debt and urban renewal districts. I also talk with Naghmeh Abedini, the wife of Boise, Idaho pastor Saeed Abedini who has been jailed in Iran.
- 2/27 Valley Talk
Monica Hall and interim CEO of Willamette Community Bank, Joan Reukauf. We also had Hale Thornburgh of the Salem Pops Orchestra talking about
this Saturday 7:30pm at the historic Elsinore Theater in Salem.
- 2/26 Valley Talk
Average investment guy John Gibson and former Lebanon Mayor Ken Toomb reflects on his decade as mayor which ended this year.
- 2/20 Valley Talk
guests include Tom Krupicka, former owner of Tom’s Garden Center in Albany, Oregon and new owner Travis Kerns about the future of the garden center. We also talk about efforts to pre sell Honor Flight the movie tickets. The Albany showing has been cancelled due to lack of interest. However the film may still be shown in Corvallis and will definitely be shown in Salem. I also talk with Jeff Jimerson and Peter Carlson on efforts to get a measure in front of Oregon voters to stop state of Oregon funding for abortions.
- 2/19 Valley Talk guests include Mike Pungercar with latest update on efforts to presell
tickets for Albany showing of Honor Flight the movie, the final mission. Average investment guy John Gibson and H and R Block enrolled
agent Robert White with tax tips
- 2/12 Valley Talk
guests include Lynn Youngs of ABC House talking about Mark Thomas Motors sale and fundraiser for ABC House. We also talk with 17 youth in the Greater Albany Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership program
- 2/11 Valley Talk
Guests included Michael Pungercar about Honor Flight the moving, Triple A on gas prices, and biblical archeologist Greg Gulbrandsen
- 2/5 Valley Talk
Dave Adams talks with average investment guy John Gibson and H & R Block enrolled agent Robert White on tax tips
- 2/4 Valley Talk
Will bartering be the new economy. KGAL Valley Talk visits with representatives of ITEX about that.
History of Valley Talk
Valley Talk was part of the new programming lineup on the new station at a frequency of 1580 KHz when it signed on in 1995. KGAL originally was at 930 KHz when it signed on December 10th, 1050. It later moved to 920 KHz until the call letters were dropped by the same (and current owners) when 920 KHz changed it’s format to Adult Standards.
At that time KGAL AM’s (920 KHz) programming (oldies) was moved to a new FM owned by Eads Broadcasting at 102.3 FM. This station was licensed to Brownsville had the call letters KGAL-FM. KGAL-FM was sold in the mid 1990’s and a new frequency was applied for and approved at 1580 KHz, called KGAL. This time KGAL target was the same audience (35-64 Adults) that grew up with the original Top 40 Format in the 1960’s, 70’s and early 80’s but were now listening to News Talk radio.
Valley Talk originally aired from 8:30 am to 9:00 Monday – Friday mornings following the Morning Update. Host Dick Manning launched the show and did the daily live and local talk show duties until shifting to part time host in early 2003 due to health reasons. Dick remained on the air sharing the host duties with Jim Willhight until his death in July of 2003.
Later in 2003 the show expanded to 1 full hour and moved to 11 to Noon, Monday- Thursday. On Dick Manning’s passing in July 2003 Radio Ray and Jim Willhight split the Valley Talk live hosting duties. In July of 2004 Valley Talk began Podcasting, archiving shows in the mp3 format for free download on the internet.
KGAL had a special satellite studio in Albany (our main studios and transmitters are in Lebanon) built in the Flynn Building on First Avenue in Historic Downtown Albany. The show broadcast from that location until a major fire in the Flynn Building still originating live from our Valley Talk Studio in the Flinn Building in Downtown Albany.
The studio remained in the Flynn Building after the fire, then was moved when the space was remodeled for retail space. The new location, just a stones throw away in the Venetian Theater right across the street.
In March of 2010 KGAL lost the lease for the studio as the owners of the Venetian, the Plainview Mennonite Church, needed the space for it’s ministries. We are currently broadcasting the live, local talk show from our main studios in Lebanon.
Have ideas for guests, subject matter, contacts? Just email us your “who, what, where, when, and why” details to us: email@example.com